What should I do after I’ve done a Deed Poll?

/What should I do after I’ve done a Deed Poll?

What should I do after I’ve done a Deed Poll?

You may wish to refer to our Information Sheet for Singapore Deed Poll (Change of Name) on What should I do after I have done a Deed Poll. The information stated in the Singapore Deed Poll’s Information Sheet is strictly for general information and is not meant to be exhaustive or comprehensive.

It is important to that you should keep your original Deed Poll safely as various authorities (including immigration authorities overseas for migration purposes) may require sight of the original Deed Poll or a certified true copy thereof in lieu of the original.

We have received numerous enquiries to retrieve copies of old Deed Polls done by other law firms in Singapore for those who had lost their original Deed Polls, but we can’t do so as their Deed Polls are not in our archive database.

Please also visit ICA’s Link on Update Change of Name in Singapore Identity Card (IC). (Correct as at 3 April 2015)


Loh Eben Ong LLP

Using Loh Eben Ong's Singapore legal services is extremely simple.

Changing your name

Do you know it is easy to change your name? You need a Deed Poll signed in the presence of a Singapore Lawyer. You can get a quote and submit online at lawsg.com/divorce